Who Likes to Rake?
OK, if this rain stops soon, we will all need to rake what that huge tree in our lawn and neighbourhood just dropped for us.
Here are a few tips to follow:
1. Dress warm yet comfortable: Remember, you will be working hard, so dress warm but not like an oven. You need to move and be flexible to pick up all those lovely leaves.
2. Get a good rake: Hey, if you have to rake, might as well use a good tool. Try them out and make sure they are comfortable, solid to hold and wide enough to do the job. Don't cheap out!
3. Listen to your body: While you are raking, make sure you stop for even a moment to stretch those muscles that hate doing that job. Even simple, gentle movements get your blood moving and ease tension.
4. Watch your Posture: Take a wide stance and avoid twisting. Rake to the sides moving your legs and body together, but remember to switch sides so you don't do every move the same way. Change is good. Stand up for just a moment to take a break. Having to stand and bend over is still repetition that can wear you and your joints out.
5. Rest: after the job with gentle stretches if you are feeling stiff and remember to hydrate yourself. Water always works best!
Dr. Albert Scales is the owner of Lakeshore Chiropractic Group has been helping victims of motor vehicle accidents for over 35 years. Dr. Scales has successfully helped hundreds of auto accident sufferers return to a pain-free and active lifestyle.
He has been an independent insurance assessor for over 25 years and has seen many types of injuries related to motor vehicle accidents. He is registered with FSCO and is licensed to treat your injuries and bill your insurance provider directly allowing you to avoid the hassles of paperwork.
Our staff and professionals at Lakeshore Chiropractic Group do not take your pain and injuries lightly. We utilize the latest advances in natural pain relief and attempt to help you restore your health, mobility and quality of life as quickly as possible.
Visit our website at http://www.lakeshorechiropractic.ca
Or Call us at 905-935-3355